Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kleinmond

Another Sunday getaway... Who would of thought that I'll be doing so much climbing in SA:) But I can't sit on my ass all day long and since there are sharks in this freaking sea here I'm not that keen to go surfing...so climbing is the right kind of adventure sport for me:) although this week surfing...for sure!

Kleinmond....can be described with one word only...beautiful!  The view is outstanding. Green hills on one side, Mars like landscape on the other side . That area was most probably burnt to the ground not so long ago. Since we are talking about fires.... apparently Protea (SA national plant) has to burn in order to release it seeds...that is interesting... so those bastards throwing cigarette buds out of their car windows are doing at least someone (something) a favor:)
Climbing was phenomenal... the fact that we were alone on that "mountain" made it even better. I have a feeling that we'll return some day because they are some more craius to climb and we only just scraped the surface of all the possibilities that Kleinmond has to offer...


More info on climbing in Kleinmond can be found here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment