Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Montagu getaway

Finally I managed to get away for the weekend:) We met sa couple of guys on monday and on friday we were already off to our  first climbing adventure. It was about time I got to see outskirts of Cape Town and experienced some wilderness.

I couldn't wait to pitch up a tent and spend a night camping....in Africa. How cool is that. Before dozing off Tom was kind enough  to giving us last minute African camping tips., "When camping in Africa never ever leave your tent open, always check your shoes before putting them on and..." eish, I forgot the third one...hope it wasn't something very important:)

Obviously I had to go all the way to Africa to start climbing again. Couldn't have picked a better place to get back into this beautiful sport:) Luckily I'm still fit enough to do the thing and surprisingly even remember some belaying techniques not even this SA climbing dudes know. Thanks Jaka and Misko:)

As far as climbing is concerned Montagu is the real deal. Hundreds of kloofs with hundreds of crags and hundreds of routes. From a well known Legoland to.

Once again it turned out that the best things in life are for free... after a loong day climbing we decided to try our luck in the near by hot springs. All sweaty, with sand in our shoes and smiles on our face we kind of walked in pass the guard and there we were...in the middle of pool paradise surrounded with magnificent rocks that were barely seen in the vague moonshine. As if we weren't lucky enough....we managed to find a private pool with a private jacuzzi. It doesn't get any better than that:)

The whole week was like that. I kind of felt as if my birthday celebrations were never going to end:) First the Table mountain hike and spending the night there. I never imagined I would celebrate my birthday on this magnificent mountain. Than there was this spontaneous dinner for my flatmates and I got a massage for my birthday. Man, was that awesome:) Then then next morning Fran surprised me with a wet suit....I have my very own wet suit now, who would have thought. Thanks Frannie:) And as if all of this wasn't enough I went away for the weekend to this amazing  trip on top of all got a free spa entrance aplace and on... From now on you can all call me Lucky Bastard:)


No comments:

Post a Comment